Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Kidney Stones???

Yes. Kidney stones. I have kidney stones. After two trips to the hospital and one to the doctor, I do not have a bladder infection. I do not have a kidney infection. I do not have a kidney disorder. I have kidney stones. And a hernia. A belly button hernia. Crazy? I know! It's been rough, but I imagine it could be much worse. I'll spare the details.

We've been super busy too, we went to Kansas City (well, outside Kansas city-- Whiteman Air force Base) with my mom and Uncle Bill for an airshow. It was H-O-T but fun!

School is crazy, I fell like I am always playing catch up with homework... and never caught up. Ahhh, and I want to take 2 additional credits next semester??? What am I thinking?? I'm starting to think on-campus classes might be in order soon.

Alyssa had her post-op checkup on Monday. Her left eye is a little off, less than a millimeter and not enough to require an additional surgery. Her eyes also cross a little without glasses, but the ophthalmologist says its because she is farsighted, and its no longer a muscle issue. Hopefully she grows out of her farsightedness!

Both kids got a flu-mist and one shot today. What was I thinking taking them to the doctor together for this??!!! Alyssa did okay with the mist, not the shot... you would have thought they cut her leg off! I had her go fist because I thought she would freak out seeing Zack cry from a shot. Well, Zack is no better. He plugged his nose, refusing the flu-mist. Made me so sad, he had to be forced to lay down... have it shot up his nose, and then screamed/cried "Please don't stick me with the shot!!!!" Oh my goodness, my heart broke like he was a baby again! I so wanted to tell her forget the shot! My poor baby!!! Within three minutes they were both in the waiting room going through stickers for suffering through a mist and shot so (un)bravely.

This weekend we are going to Kansas City (again). For the Nascar race this time! We went last year and had a blast. I never liked Nascar before I met Chris. It really annoyed me. Lap after lap, I thought... WHO WATCHES THIS??? Well, after four years... its growing on me. I originally picked my favorite drivers... #18, Kyle Busch-- simply because he drove the M&M car!! Lame reason, I know. But I've stuck to it, and he really isn't half bad! My other favorite is #88, Dale Jr. Duh. Boy has he let me down though!!!! Anyhow look for me on the Speed Channel, or watch the race on FOX this weekend, I'll be there!!

There's about to be a sad post, right after this one. I am sorry for the depressing tone... but I needed to talk about it today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment