Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Papa

I miss my Papa. Horribly. It’s weird. I mean, I only got to see him a couple times each year before, but I already miss him so so much. So many small things remind me of him. I have a blanket that I kept from the Hospice House and another one of Papa's blankets. They are folded together in my closet, and when I am sad I curl up in my bed with them, and cry. They are all I have left of my Papa. Blankets and memories. Sunday I transplanted a plant in a small pot from his funeral into a beautiful, larger pot. It was much more emotional than I thought it would be. I am a crier. Everyone knows that. Now, my neighbors probably do too, as I sat in my driveway with a bag of soil and a plant, crying with every scoop. I wish there was somewhere I could go... to mourn... to remember. I have looked for a nice memorial park, or memorial garden... but none are fitting. I even went to a local cemetery, hoping to find a bench in a flower garden... nothing. It's just hard. And just when it starts to get easier, it gets harder.

2 comments:

  1. I think the plant will help you some.

    When I hear my butterfly wind chimes, I think of Nancy which I bought in her memory. All I can ever imagine her doing in heaven is giving the best piano concert ever, and singing. Oh my, could she sing! Oh FYI, I recently heard my brother singing and he has quite the pipes on him too. I never knew. :)

    I planted a yellow rose bush in remberance of my dad. When I see it all in bloom, I think of the small, country, church cemetary where he is buried. Since he was smiling when he died, I think he is happy, and with all the people that love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Mom... I JUST saw this. It made me cry. I love you. XOXO

    ReplyDelete