Sunday, August 11, 2013

The "pre-post" to what I really want to post :)

I cannot believe it has been almost two years since I posted on my blog. It's kind of like me and diaries. I get on a roll, journaling daily... then don't touch a notebook for years! Kind of like my diets? Ok... I'll stop there. Point is, its been a while! In the last two years, a lot has changes in our lives. Most notably the last year. We loved to FLORIDA last fall. I absolutely love it here. Its gorgeous. We live in a small town between Pensacola and Destin, only about a mile from the waterfront. We have great jobs, a nice home, the kids are in wonderful schools. We are beyond blessed. But that isn't the end of the changes we have made. We have opened our home to people we love. Namely: Chris' parents, Susan and Steve, and my little sister, Cheryl. They are all here temporarily, until the next chapters in their own lives. While I love each of them deeply, living with other adults isn't exactly like teenage sleepover parties every day. Its real life. Ups and downs, happy and sad... seven people under one roof. I have also returned to Nursing school. I will graduate March 2014. There is light at the end of the tunnel finally! Chris is also resumed taking online courses, though I am not truly sure of his educational plan... or even his major. Business? Criminal Justice? Intel something or other? It seems to change a lot, I am just so happy that he has decided to pursue his education, whatever that may be! I am working as a school nurse. This year I will be at the same school Alyssa will be attending, so we are both so excited! School starts next week, so I am sure there are plenty of paper cuts, scraped knees, and tummy aches in my future! My sister, Katherine, delivered a beautiful new baby boy this summer. I was privileged enough to make not one, but two trips to Texas this summer! Its always so hard to leave, seeing my family get older (the young and old), weighs heavy on me. A lifetime is not enough to spend with the people I love, especially living so far away. Uhhh... Ok, enough sapp. I guess we're semi-caught up for now. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting older but not ready to be put away! I'm looking forward to my retirement home in Florida; a camper trailer in your back yard! :)

    ReplyDelete