Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Real Deal

Two posts in one day?! I honestly came here to post about something that was just too long to post on Facebook. And sometimes I'm not sure who I even want to share my thought with on Facebook, or that I just want to get them out. To see them in black and white. Not so much that I want to discuss what I have to anyone in particular. Negativity. Sometimes I swear it will eat me alive. It is soooooo easy for me to fall into a gossip trap! With old friends, with co-workers, with family. I hate it. Its never anything positive, and always just gives me and whoever I am talking to a negative view of another person. WHO NEEDS THAT??? Sometimes I see a person in town... and have horrible thoughts... about that "idiot" that cut me off. The "dummy" that can't park. The snobby co-worker that never says hello. I just assume these are horrible people. And I have never spoken a single word to them. I dislike people I have never even met. Its so easy to do. Its a hard habit to break, but I WILL! I do not want my sweet kids to think of the world in the way that I sometimes do. I want them to care. I want them to LOVE. I want them to see the good in people, not just the bad. What kind of world am I painting a picture of to my children?? I know they don't hear my thoughts, or my gossipy conversations, but I don't show them how to love and enjoy the people they share this world with either. Sometimes I think I have done enough. I served my country, what higher sacrifice could I offer to my neighbors? I nurse small school children on a daily basis. I donate clothes, money, food, even blood. But its NOT enough. If I can't manage a loving attitude, and get rid of the negativity... its all for nothing. I had to watch a video about empathy in one of my nursing classes, and it has forever changed me, and the way I think about PEOPLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment