Thursday, May 27, 2010

Really?

It's been two weeks already?? No way! We've got a lot of catching up to do! Lets see... Alyssa is having Eye Surgery in three weeks at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha. I absolutely love her Ophthalmologist, and for once, Alyssa doesn't seem to mind seeing him all that much either. He explained the surgery to me, and took extra time to talk to Alyssa about it. When he was finished he asked if she had any questions for him, to which she replies "Can I have candy now?" LOL My little baby :)
Little... that's a whole other story. Alyssa had some blood tests done a couple weeks ago, right before we went to Michigan, actually. Her pediatrician called to discuss the results. There was an issue with her thyroid, a growth hormone deficiency, and from the x-ray of her hand, it's been noted that she has the bone maturity of a two and a half year old. Needless to say, we were referred to an Endocrinologist. So we went. The doctor lacked severely in bedside manner. He was clueless why we were in his office. He had no idea Alyssa has already had lab work done. And even after looking over the lab results said nothing was out of the ordinary, he'd measure her again in six months. NOTHING WRONG??? Even after acknowledging her bone maturity is a year and a half behind her age!!?? I spoke with Alyssa's pediatrician who has referred us to a different Endocrinologist, we'll return in three months.
Zackary's had some pretty bad headaches for a little over a month. Took him to the doctor on Monday too, he may have growth or pressure headaches (?) or even migraines. The medicine he was prescribed to prevent them seems to be helping. On the upside, Zack finally got registered for t-ball. His first practice was yesterday. I won't lie, and tell you it went great, or how much fun we had, but he did hold it together much better than any of his practices last year! T-ball last year was a nightmare.
I almost forgot... we bought a BOAT! That's right, a boat! It's no yacht, but its in good shape, and its FAST. We took it tubing earlier this week at Lake Manawa in Council Bluffs, IA... my shoulders are still sore! We're planning a trip to Texas in August, and hopefully we can swing a camping trip to Lake Texoma at one end of it. Wish me luck in convincing family to accompany us. :)
I'm almost down to my last week of this semester/quarter. I'm in week 11 of 12. Thank goodness! I think its safe to say I passed all of my classes, but I've definitely got to hang tighter next semester. I'm such a procrastinator, its soooo awful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment